Thursday 29 March 2012

Question 7

Looking back at your preliminary task, what do you feel you have learnt in the progression from it to the full product?

From my preliminary task, I feel I have broadened my Photoshop skills as I am now able to access different effect on my texts and images such as strokes and bevels that I didn’t know how to before. I have also learnt how to make the most of the space I have and how to lay out my text and images in the best possible way as to avoid too much blank space on the page. I am therefore thinking more about how the texts looks on the page and trying to make sure that it all fits together in terms of size, fonts and colours whereas I didn’t consider this when creating my preliminary task and this is evident in the fact that I have only used one front throughout the two pages but in my final task I have chosen two are three fonts that I believe worked well together to use over the four pages.



                Another skill I have learnt from the final production is how to cut out images. In my preliminary task, I didn’t make any adjustments to the contrast or the images and even though I was using the same camera, the images didn’t come out as clearly as I was only using the natural lighting provided. However now I am able to work the professional lighting and this has resulting in much better images for my final piece. Also I have learnt how to make much needed adjustment to my photos now, such as the colour levels, opacity and smoothing and feathering the edges of the image. This, along with images cut out from the backdrop I took them from means that my final images look much clearer and I think they are nicer to look at because they are now more of a statement and dominate the pages whereas the images I used on my preliminary task blend in more to the text and don’t have as much impact on the reader.

This is the backdrop that I used to taked my photos with:



            

                Furthermore, I have learnt skills such as text wrapping to guarantee that all the difficult space to fill can be filled with text while on my preliminary task, I chose to put a block of text on my contents page and place my pictures around it because I though it would be too difficult to make the text surround the images, even thought his would have made the images more powerful to look at. Now though the images of my model on the page look much more powerful and you can tell that they are dominant on the page and I now use the text wrapping tool to fill in the blank space around the image.



                Finally I have also become more creative in the style of my final piece as opposed to the preliminary task as I am now able to think more for myself in terms of what effects to put on my texts and what I feel works better together. I also believe that I have been able to find a balance in the amount I have put on each page as before I feel there was too little and it left too much blank space and the page looking empty. However now I have been able to add more to my final piece without going over the top and making it look too busy of cluttered so I have also developed skills such as creative freedom and I have become much more independent as I am now aware of how to use Photoshop in a way that will make more effect to my work.







No comments:

Post a Comment