Monday 26 March 2012

Question 4

Who would be the audience for your media product?

Prezi:



Transcript:

The target audience that I have chosen for my magazine is young adults aged 16-25. I have chosen these ages because by the age of 16, most people have developed a clear idea of the type of music they like to listen to. Also by this age, they are likely to have been to a concert or a festival and the listings and reviews within the magazine will help them to decide where to go and who to see. I think that the magazine is likely to appeal more to a male audience as this gender is likely to show more of an interest in the genre of music I am focusing on. However, my magazine is able to appeal to a female audience as well with a focus on female stars too. I have also gone for a very gender mutual colour scheme and I believe that this is another way that my magazine will attract both genders to read it.
The social class that I have chosen for my magazine is A-C1. I have chosen these social classes because I think that these are the classes that will be able to afford to buy my magazine on a monthly basis. Although I am targeting my magazine at younger people as well, it is more likely to appeal to young people with parents within these social classes. As my magazine is priced at £3.99 per issue, it is likely that only people from these social classes would be able to afford every issue, however as the subscription deals on offer allow both regular and irregular readers to save money, members of other social classes will also be able to access the issues they want and when they want at a cheaper price.
My magazine is likely to appeal to a niche market as they are likely to share the same interests, income, needs etc. I believe that the psychographics of my audience is that they are ‘succeeders’ and ‘individuals’. I don’t feel that they would be ‘mainstream’ because my magazine is specific to the indie/rock genre and I think that members of a mainstream psychographic are likely to listen more to chart music and keep up with whose number one in the charts, for instance. Whereas I think that readers of my magazine are individuals as, even though they are all interested in the indie/rock genre, they may not like every artist included or artists from different eras and I have therefore made sure that my magazine includes a vast variety of artists from the indie/rock genre.
I believe that my magazine’s audience will share similar social habits and interests. I have therefore made sure that my magazine fits in with the ‘needs’ of my target audience. For example, I have expected that my readers will enjoy going to various gigs and concerts and I have therefore created a section of my magazine that focuses on gig listings and reviews. This way I can be certain that my readers are receiving the information they expected and that they are interested in reading.

No comments:

Post a Comment