Sunday 25 March 2012

Question 3

What kind of institution might distribute your magazine and why?


Video:



Prezi:



Transcript:

I think that a suitable institution to distribute my magazine would be Hearst Magazines UK (previously known as Nat Mags). This is because Hearst Magazines don’t currently distribute any music magazines and therefore I will not be in competition with other well known music magazines such as ‘NME’, ‘Q’ and ‘Kerrang!’ who are distributed by IPC Media and Bauer Media.  Hearst Magazines tend to distribute fashion or lifestyle magazines such as ‘Cosmopolitan’, ‘Esquire’ and ‘Company’ and as these magazines are all fairly well known, my magazine has more chance of becoming noticed by readers of these magazines, attracting members of other target audiences, as well as my own.
                Another reason why I believe that Hearst Magazines is a suitable distributer for my magazine is the fact that they are likely to want the first music magazine they distribute to be a success and will therefore make sure that there is a stable marketing campaign and a large enough budget in order to make the magazine known to members of its target audience. Also, Hearst Magazines distribute magazines for both male and female audiences and my magazine is aimed at both so will be likely to attract them to read the magazine. I believe Hearst Magazines would also gain from distributing my magazine in that my magazine has a different genre and target audience to most of the other magazines they distribute and this could lead members of my target audience to read the other magazines that Hearst Magazines distributes and that they may not have necessarily picked up in a shop beforehand.
                The final reason why I believe Hearst Magazines would be the best distributer for my magazine is because they have experience. This is evident in the amount of successful magazines they have distributed over the years. This will give my magazine a ‘head start’ in marketing strategies and the knowledge needed in order to make the magazine a success.

No comments:

Post a Comment