Monday 14 November 2011

Mise en Scene

Costume:
I believe that the type of clothing that the model wears helps to reflect the genre of the magazine. Therefore I decided to make my model dress in a fairly 'laid back' style. I have tried to make her look down to earth and dressed down to create more of a friendly look but I have used colours such as black and red to make her look powerful and mysterious. I had four outfit changes during the photoshoot to give my images variety.




Hair & Makeup:
I wanted the makeup on my model to look quite natural with attention to her eyes as they are a great feature of my model and help enhance the dramatic look she has been given. Her makeup is fairly plain with a red lipstick to add a powerful and dramatic style. My models hair colour is also red and therefore is very eye catching and bright. I also wanted her hair to look fairly natural, so I went for a curly style with a quiff to in keep with a rock style.


Poses:
The poses I used make my model look confident and outgoing. I have tried to encorporate poses that make her look relaxed within what she is doing and this way the photos look more natural and not awkward. I tried various poses to make her look more dominant and in control as well as poses from different angles and shote lengths to signify different levels of intimacy with the reader.




Facial Expressions:
I have made sure that my model used eye contact throughout most of the shots as I believe that this ensures that a relationship can be created between her and the reader. I have used pouts and smiles to show her different personalities - she is serious about her music, yet is capable of having a good time.



Props:
The props that I decided to use was a red electric guitar to correspond with the genre of my magazine. I shows shots of the model playing it and using as an accessory. I also included shots of her admiring it, suggesting that she is passionate about her music and respect it. Another prop I used was glitter. I believe that the glitter creates a fun vibe and chose to use blue glitter as it is a bright and eye catching colour.




No comments:

Post a Comment