Thursday 15 December 2011

Contents Page First Draft

I have just finished creating a first draft for my contents page. I had to think carefully about the amount of pages that i would feature inside as there had to be a realistic number therefore i have created around 250 pages.

I decided to feature a 'band index' on my contents page so it is clear what artists the reader can expect to find inside and that they can access them easily. I included a range of different fonts to ensure that all the text is easy to read and that the different sections of the contents page look unique. I also included a small banner on the top right hand corner of the page and included a competition prize in this to make the reader feel that, by buying the magazine, they will be getting more for their money. I have also included social networking details for my magazine to keep up with the current technology zeitgeist of this age and subscription details are also easy to be found.

I have included small images of other artists that I have included inside my magazine to show variety and as they are less well known, the reader is given the chance to recognise these artists before they read about them.I have also included an image of my cover model and feature artist on my contents page and have made it very clear which pages she is featured on. As well as titling the featuring articles in the magazine, I have also given a brief description of them such as what we have talked about or what they can expect to find.


Here is the first draft for my contents page:

No comments:

Post a Comment