Friday 24 February 2012

Diary 13

I am now at a stage where I have completed the final pages of my magazine. I have created a final version of my front cover, contents page and double page spreads. When doing this, I had to take into account the feedback I recieved for my first drafts and make the changes necessary to improve my magazine and raise my mark. I originally recieved a C for my magazine first draft however, after i had recieved feedback from my peers on my contents page, I decided that it would be worthwhile for my to dedicate some lessons to drastically improving my contents page.This is one of the major changes I made and once I asked my peers what they thought once the appropriate changes had been made, they said that the page looked a lot better and the layout made it look a lot more proffessional. Another major change that I made to my work was chaging my front cove image. I wasn't happy at all with the pose that my model had or the size of the shot as I thought that it distanced her from the readers instead of creating the illusion of closeness and the potential to build a relationship with the artist. Therefore I decided that a mid-shot or close-up would be the best shot sizes to give this effect so I changed my front cover image to a mid-shot. Lastly, I was told that I had too much blank space on my second double page spread so I made the text and images fit on to a single page, thus minimising white space an making the page look a lot more busy.

No comments:

Post a Comment